Thursday, October 1, 2009

100 Ways


100 ways. At first when we were asked to pick three objects and shoot them, I was overwhelmed by the thought of having to shoot 100 pics of the same three things. I sucked it up and went into it was an open mind. It was a beautiful afternoon and decided that I needed to take the opportunity to spend some time outside. I took my three objects: mandolin, vase, and lawn chair and set them up under the apple tree. The first 30 pics were easy to shoot because I was looking at this project with fresh eyes, but as I got up to 60-70 pics I was struggling with finding new ways to look at the objects and shoot them differently, so I took a little break laid down in the grass looked up in the sky ate an apple, and got a renewal of energy that made it hard to stop at 100 pictures! I really liked with project and I liked the shots I got, the light was great and the objects I picked really sparkled in the bright sunshine. I think that this project was a great way to look at things differently and I am going to use this idea in the future to give myself a creative break when I have a photography block.

No comments:

Post a Comment